Yvonne Joyce Craig was an actress and an American ballet dancer who is best known for her role in the 1960s television series Batman as Batgirl and in the Star Trek episode “Whom Gods Destroy” as the green-skinned Orion slave girl Marta. Yvonne Craig measurements 37-22-35, 5 feet 4 inches tall, and weigh 55 kg.
Yvonne Craig Biography:
On May 16th, 1937, she was born in Taylorville, Illinois. She studied at W. H. Adamson High School and then Sunset High School. After being discovered by a ballerina and instructor Alexandra Danilova, Craig joined the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo.
She has appeared in numerous television dramas and films including Eighteen and Anxious, It Happened at the World’s Fair, The Barbara Stanwyck Show, The Big Valley, and Batgirl among others. She was amongst the most beautiful actresses of that era. On August 17, 2015, Craig died at her home due to metastatic breast cancer.
Yvonne Craig Personal Details
|Real Name||Yvonne Joyce Craig|
|Date of Birth||16-05-1937|
|Place of Birth||Taylorville, Illinois, USA|
|Profession / Occupation||Actress, Dancer|
Yvonne Craig Measurements
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Breast Size||37 inches|
|Bra, Cup Size||42C|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
Yvonne Craig Family Details
|Spouse / Husband Name||Kenneth Aldrich (m. 1988–2015), Jimmy Boyd (m. 1960–1962)|
|Father Name||Maurice Craig|
|Mother Name||Pauline Craig|
Yvonne Craig Net Worth:
Yvonne Craig’s net worth was estimated to be approximately $5 million at the time of her death. When her Hollywood career ended, she started her new career as a real estate broker.
In 2000, she published an autobiography titled, “From Ballet to the Batcave and Beyond”. She was also a philanthropist and advocate for free mammograms, worker’s unions, and equal pay for women.
Interesting Facts about Yvonne Craig:
- In March 2008, she was ranked #7 on Wizard magazine’s “Sexiest Women of TV” list.
- She was a philanthropist and advocate for free mammograms, equal pay for women, and workers unions.
- She was the youngest member of the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo.
- Before starting her career as a real estate broker, she co-produced several industrial shows.
- She was an inveterate world traveler and has visited the remotest corners of the earth along with her husband Kenneth Aldrich.
- Famous for her roles as the Orion slave girl Marta in Star Trek: The Original Series: Whom Gods Destroy, and as the Batgirl in Batman.
- At the age of 78, she died of metastatic breast cancer.